Living with a host family is an excellent opportunity to experience Canadian culture first hand. Gain familiarity with how a Canadian family operates on a daily basis and have the chance to participate in family activities to develop a holistic view of life in Montreal.
All of our host families are welcoming and enjoy helping students discover the local culture. A big advantage of living with a host family is their willingness to help with homework and engage on a personal level. It is our goal to find every student a compatible family, based on personal preferences and habits.
All of our host families live in safe and comfortable neighborhoods in Montreal and nearby suburbs (up to 50 minutes away from the school by public transport). Every family has undergone a background screening procedure before being accepted into our program. We work with them based on their references, clean background and experience in hosting international students.
However, we would advise students to be open-minded and not to expect their host family to replace their family back home. Please remember that Canada is a multicultural country with different customs and values. Our families have a lot of experience dealing with international students and they will do their best to make you happy but there are some basic rules that, as an adopted member of the family, you will need to follow (For instance, every family has its rules regarding meal times, visitors, smoking and drinking in the home etc). We advise you to find out what these rules are and to discuss them with your host family. Remember, the key to a successful homestay is communication!
* It is important to remember that students are expected to reach their host family home on Sunday, during the day and to leave on Saturday during the day. If you are scheduled to reach Montreal later than 10pm, you will have to meet your host family the following day after school. Hotel accommodations for late arrivals are the responsibility of the student.
**If you book the airport pickup and/or drop-off, always remember to send your host family your flight information at least a week in advance.
- Furnished private bedroom with linen
- Shared bathroom
- Host family’s living room, dining room, kitchen etc
- 2 or 3 meals a day according to plan.
- Wireless Internet
- Electricity & Heating
- Reasonable use of telephone for local calls
- Airport pick-up and/or Drop-off (optional; additional fee required)
Accommodation (Sunday – Saturday)
Prices per week in
until Mar 17 / from Sep 30
Mar 18 – Jun 16 / Aug 26 – Sep 29
Jun 17 – Aug 25
*Accommodation Placement Fee: $200 (non-refundable if accommodation is confirmed)
** Double Rooms are only available for two students travelling together.